Monday 30 April 2012

An Unfortunate Setback

During the whole of the process leading up to me creating my final major project, and even a long time before, I had been feeling unwell. Whilst I was struggling to create work for this project, I ended up seeing a doctor in March who sent me to have a hospital appointment. During this time, my productivity fell quite far behind the time plan I originally planned to complete this project due to stress and worry. In late March I was finally diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis, and was put on medication to control my symptoms. Because of the stress of waiting to find out my diagnosis and struggling to work whilst living with my symptoms at their worst, my original plan of doing four separate comics had to be abandoned due to time constraints. Instead I aimed to make one comic in time for the London Book Fair. The planned comic was a title called 'Appearance Is Everything', based on a lesson I had learnt from my time working at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment