Sunday 29 April 2012

Trying Out Different Media

With possible character profiles built up, I was able to try out different media experiments to see what methods of working suited my stories best. 



I tried using Adobe Illustrator for the first experiment. For this I drew the images by hand, scanned them in, and then drew over the line art using the software. I then added the colour using the software as well. Whilst I liked the simplicity of the images and the bright colours, the images just seemed a bit robotic and lifeless from my perspective. They also reminded of styles that were already out in the mainstream, and I felt like I wanted my images to stand out from the mainstream comic styles that were already out there.

For my next experimental process, I tried using Adobe Photoshop. For this I tried using my original line art I had done using a fine liner pen, and then digitally adding colour using Photoshop. Whilst I liked the idea of using hand drawn line art, I wasn't keen on the colouring from the software, as like Illustrator, it made the images seem rather lifeless and boring.  


Another experiment I tried was using good old fashioned colouring pencils...but I quickly learnt that it just didn't work. 





No comments:

Post a Comment