Sunday 29 April 2012

Page Layout

                   


Whilst storyboarding my stories, and trying out a traditional way of presenting a comic, I decided that I didn't want the page layout to be the usual boxed format that the mainstream comics seem to stick to, to make my stories stand out. I decided to do some research into the indie market, who most of the time set themselves apart from their mainstream counterparts. Whilst researching I came across the works of Benjamin Flao, who presented stories through full page layouts, and instead of having boxes, the images seemed to flow and merge into one another in a way that was coherent and easy to follow a story.



Whilst looking at Gipi's work for inspiration for media, I noticed he also defied the normal boxed format of the mainstream comics by having most of the text floating around his images rather than having them boxed in.

   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment